Friday, May 8, 2009

Take All Away, But Leave Me Ecstasy

I write this at work, straining my ears like thief, waiting for the sound of footsteps to announce one of my co-workers. I'm stealing time and crossing my fingers that I won't get caught.

Ecstasy. I love that word. The way it rolls off the tongue, the way it can be innocent or dirty. To me, it is the way you live your life. Have you ever noticed that ecstatic is derived from ecstasy? Most think of harlequinn romance scenarios when they think of this word. But in reality it's all the little things that make up your life and how you choose to view them.

I sit at my desk by the window, watching the wind blow the trees and the sky is so bright I can't help but smile. MGMT's "Time To Pretend" permeates the room and I have watermelon waiting for me in the kitchen. All these small things, that's what ecstasy means.

1 comment: